From Duty & Valour, the free Canadian military history encyclopedia
- Soldiers will take part in Exercise ARCTIC RAM 2016. Troops from the 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry will parachute into Resolute Bay on Feb. 11.
- Vice Admiral Mark Norman is selected to become the next Vice Chief of the Defence Staff.
- Approximately 200 Canadian Army soldiers from 5 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group (5 CMBG) will be deployed to Ukraine for Operation UNIFIER.
- Renowned hockey player Dave Keon, who served in the Canadian Army during World War 2, is inducted into the Toronto Maple Leafs' "Legends Row."
- The Governor General's Foot Guards Band will be performing at St. Paul's United Church in Perth, Ontario on Saturday February 6 at 7:30 p.m.
- Primary Reserve soldiers from the The King's Own Calgary Regiment take part in a virtual, simulated combat exercise aimed at how to plan military operations, and how to coordinate those operations.
On this day
We currently do not have any events recorded for today. If you know of an event that is missing, add it to this day!
Defeating the Americans:
"The 26th has been a glorious day for me and those of my troops engaged. The American army commanded by Gen'l Hampton and another general has been repulsed by a little band — all Canadian — and yesterday that army commenced its retreat."
Valour is part of a larger Canadian history resource family. Below are our Official Partners